Made Under My Life wrote this post the other day and I have been thinking about it ever since. I thought that Jess was extremely brave to write that post. Her post challenged me to push past the glitter and frosting of my blog and allow readers to really get to know me. So like jumping into the pool without testing the water here we go.
Things I am afraid to tell you….
1. I don’t like to play competitive sports.I have been told that I am athletic so that isn’t the problem. The problem is when people start arguing over a play or the score. I get really nervous.
2. I have this secret insecurity that I am overweight. So when people talk about dieting I get the feeling I need to do it too.
3. I am afraid to run. I used to run 3 plus miles every day, seven days a week. After a sports injury to both of my feet I’m afraid to hurt myself again.
Oh my gosh this post is hard to write..
4. I can’t cut straight. I am laughing at this one because it is kinda of goofy. Seriously, I can’t cut a straight line. My dear friends who have come over and tried to sew with me know this statement is true.
5. I don’t like to measure when I am cooking. I like to estimate. I know there are some bakers and cooks out there shaking their heads at me and I know that you should measure but I am a risk taker.
6. When entering a room full of people I don’t know, I get nervous. You wouldn’t know this by observing me because I look like I am a social butterfly and as comfortable as a clam….but I’m not.
7. I pray over my dog, Darcy. I know this is silly too but I do. If I know we are going to be doing something that is going to be challenging for her, I pray about it.
8. I’m not the perfect little Christian girl you might have imagined. I mess up. I hurt my friend’s feelings. I don’t read my bible every day like some other more diligent committed folks I know. I gossip (insert shock face). I’m just a chick in need of grace and that’s my primary reason I NEED God.
9. Volunteering isn’t my favorite thing to do. Many times while volunteering I think to myself “I could be getting paid for this.”
10. I have a secret love of roller skating. I am not very good at it but I love it.
Only a few more to go..
11. I wish I had a better relationship with my grandmother. I act like I don’t care, but I do.
12. I really like nerdy things like board games and super hero movies. I don’t just do them because my husband like them….I secretly really enjoy doing nerdy things too.
13. Sometimes I pretend I am the main character in a movie and someone is following me around filming.
14. I love to make up songs about dumping out the trash or taking Darcy for a walk.
15. When I eat Kraft Mac and Cheese it just feels like home. I can picture me and my family sitting down laughing and munching on mac and cheese. I purposefully go down that aisle when shopping for groceries just to pass by the blue box and smile.
Wow, that post was a tough one to write. Le Fin.